Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What is all this white stuff???

We got TWO FEET of snow over the weekend! Can you believe it? That's on top of the foot of snow from last weekend that was still hanging around. Now it's supposed to start again this afternoon and we're expected to get another 7-9" by tomorrow. This is absurd. I took a few videos of the boys playing outside over the weekend. I'll try to get them posted tonight for your entertainment.



I did manage to get out of the house for a few hours yesterday with my pregnant girlfriend. She's about 24 weeks and her bump is HUGE. I'm jealous, but I did get to feel her little guy kick, so that was cool. We ran some errands, did some maternity and baby shopping (maternity for me, baby for her), and stopped for the best donut I've EVER had. There's a place in the town below us that makes fresh cake donuts then dunks them in whatever glaze and toppings you want. You actually watch your donut go into the fryer. I had mine dipped in mocha glaze and mini chocolate chips and chased it with a jug of 2% milk. The result was heavenly. I hope my little one enjoyed it, because I think it's better that I stay far away from that place for the remainder of my pregnancy! After that, we hit the mall to work off some of the calories. I did manage to find some decent maternity stuff even with our limited options. Now I just need maybe one or two pairs of denim capris or bermuda shorts and I think I'm set for our April trip to Florida. I have to say, it was tough to make myself shop for tanks, tees, and shorts when there's two feet of snow on the ground!

I'm going to start belly pics this week, so keep an eye out for that. I popped a little over the weekend, but it pretty much just looks like a beer gut at this point unless you know better. I'm sticking with my flowy tops until I've rounded out a little more. We're on the verge now of so many exciting things. Within the next month we should find out the gender, start feeling the baby kick, and I should start to look more obviously pregnant. I think March is going to be pretty good to us!


Fracture Prune donut pictures via Google Images

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the fun part! yay!

Alicia said...

oohhh yay!! can't wait to see pics of that pretty little belly!!