Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Letter to Baby

Dear Baby Vivienne,
(That's right. We're so certain you're a girl, we've already taken to calling you by name!)
We're nearing the start of our second trimester, and so many exciting things are happening! Hearing your heartbeat last week was magical. I'm constantly amazed by how quickly you are growing. It won't be long now before I'm able to feel all the wiggling you're doing in there, and I simply cannot wait! We'll get another look at you today in just a few hours. Mommom, Poppop, and your big brother Logan will be there this time, and they are all so excited to see you!. Daddy is going to videotape it too so we can show everyone else your sweet dance moves. I'd appreciate it if you could put on a good show for us baby girl.

Daddy has been taking good care of me so that I can take care of you. This weekend he shoveled snow 2 feet deep to get my car out, while you and I snuggled up on the couch and watched old movies. He's a wonderful Daddy and we are both lucky, lucky girls. You're so tiny and already you have him wrapped around your perfect little fingers. As long as you appreciate him, there's nothing he won't do for you. Remember that. (He's a sucker, so hugs and kisses will get you a long way too.)

Your big brother Logan is excited to meet you. This weekend he announced that he was going to teach you how to play catch and watch tv. Every day he comes up with something new to teach you. He has big plans already!  I think he's going to be an amazing big brother. He's been practicing on one of Mommy's old dolls (whom we've named Vivienne, of course). He's already pretty good at feeding and burping and he takes the doll for rides on his bouncy horse (I promise not to let him take you on the bouncy horse for a long time).

I often wonder what you'll be like. I like to imagine you with big brown eyes, dark wavy hair, pale skin, and freckles all over your body (like Daddy). I hope you have his eyes and my lips. I hope that you're intelligent, kind, and thoughtful. I hope that you love music and books. There is so much to teach you, and we can't wait to get started. You already seem to be a pretty good swimmer. I think you must be a natural. That's good, because Mommom and Poppop have a pool and we'll be spending a lot of time there.

We already love you so much, sweet baby. Can't wait to see you!

Love,
Mommy
aka

No comments: