Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally dug out of our snow cave.

It was almost this bad!

I have to apologize ladies, I have none of the things I promised. No ultrasound, no belly pics, not even a video of my boys in the snow. Seriously, all this blizzarding has worn me out, and I didn't even do any of the shoveling! (Thank you husband!)  This week I have worked one and a half days. That's it. Our governor REEEALLY hates to shut the state down due to snow, but there has been no avoiding it this week. 2 weekends ago we got hit with 12-18", last weekend we got another 12", and then on Tuesday we experienced a full out blizzard. It's hard to say how much snow actually came along with that since it blew that shit all over the place. There are spots in our yard that come up to my husband's waist and other spots that are about to my knee. So, I don't know, anywhere from 2-3.5' total? It's ridiculous. But I do have some pictures and videos to upload, so maybe that will happen this weekend while the Monster is off terrorizing his Grandmas.

Saturday night is a very long awaited date night! You see, Kyle has two best friends: Tony and Dave. They've been besties since elementary school. It's adorable. We do a lot of double-dating with Dave and his wife Karen (my fellow pregger), but poor Tony always gets left out or ends up the 5th wheel. Until now! Tony has a girlfriend! It's a freaking miracle! We've been trying the last 2 weekends to get together for dinner so we can all meet her - although Karen and I have already facebook friended her - but we've been snowed out every time. Hopefully, this weekend we'll have some "3rd time's the charm" luck and it will actually happen. Kyle and I haven't made any Valentine's Day plans, so this will basically count for that. I'm not hard to please. Also, Karen and I are going to get some back to back belly shots and I'll make sure I get a good one of my little bump to share with you guys! It's going to look so tiny compared to hers, but it's there. Promise!

In pregnancy news, our doctor's appointment on Tuesday went well even though we didn't get the ultrasound we expected. We got to hear our little one's heartbeat, so that made up for it a little. Then we got the BEST NEWS EVER! I lost a pound. Yep. One. Pound. That's all the weight I had gained so far, so that puts me back at Pregnancy Weight Gain: Big Fat 0. Our baby is measuring just a few days ahead of where we are, so that's perfect. Everything is perfect. And I lost a pound.

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend my loves!

Image from some email I got today...

2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

we here in Ohio don't have it much better! stupid snow! keep watching the countdown clock on the side of my blog, it's counting down til spring, i like to know that at any given time, i can refer to it and be like....HOW MUCH LONGER!?!??!?!?! and the answer is right there ticking away down to SPRING!

even though what i really want is summer!

Glad to hear everything in the baby world is still booming and that you're still one happy lil momma...just the way i <3 you!

happy valentines day luv!

~hl~

Ams said...

Aw, I am so happy for you lady.
That's great that you haven't gained any weight either :) Woot!
How did date night go?? Did you guys like Tony's girlfriend?