Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The most beautiful sound!

I heard our little angel's heartbeat for the first time last night! It's so strong and fast and was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. A friend of ours has a doppler, so when I stopped by her place last night to borrow her Sea Bands (little wrist bands that prevent sea-sickness and supposedly morning sickness as well)she decided to try to find our little heartbeat. Then, being the total sweetheart that she is, she made us a little video with our most recent ultrasound and the heartbeat playing in the background, and uploaded it to my facebook. I'll try to add it here tonight if I can figure out how to do that.


So far the Sea Bands seem to be helping a little. The nausea isn't gone completely, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. I'll let you know what I really think after I've had them for a few days.

My new favorite jeans from JCP

Today I'm taking a maternity shopping excursion on my lunch break. The only places around here to buy maternity gear are Target, JC Penney, and Boscovs. That's it. I'll give you a moment to feel sorry for me. Our Macy's doesn't carry maternity and now our Old Navy stores don't either. It's sad. Maybe I'll start a weekly "How gross do I look?" post so you can pity me some more. So anyway, I'm going to be brave today and see what I can find. Boscovs isn't a store I would usually venture into, but it's worth a shot. I need some more jeans and I should also start picking up a few summery things here and there for our Florida trip in April. With a foot of snow on the ground (and half an inch of hair on my legs), it's hard to think about shorts or tank tops, but spring break will be here before I know it and I need to be prepared.

2 comments:

Llama said...

A little heartbeat??!!! Aw, how completely adorable! I hope you are feeling well sweetie! You need to come to New York and get a better selection than that! Don't worry, you are going to be gorgeous in everything!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I lived to heart that heartbeat. Even bought a monitor so I could hear it at home!