Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 15

How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now (finally), and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!


I thought the other day that I might have felt my first little kick, but I'm still not entirely sure. It's pretty early still, and though this is my second pregnancy, I'm not as thin as I was first time around. Skinnier mamas usually feel their babies sooner. Oh well. I'm not going to write it in the baby book until I know for sure that I wasn't just feeling gas or a stomach gurgle. Gas bubbles are pretty much a constant occurence so it will probably be a while before I can tell the difference. Maybe she'll put those little legs (that are now finally longer than her arms) to use and give me a good kick or two this week!

Today I'm starving. I had a cereal bar and a big glass of 2% milk for breakfast, but my stomach was still growling when I got to work. I bought a bunch of lunch things over the weekend, so I dug through my bag and pulled out one of those individual-sized microwave cans of Chef Boyardee Spagetti and Meatballs. Who cares that it was only 9am. Baby was hungry and who am I to argue. Now it's 11:30 and I'm still starving. My stomach is growling loud enough for my coworkers to hear it. I think I hear a Cup O' Noodles calling my name. I've been trying to resist because my amazing husband is taking me to Red Lobster (cheddar bay biscuits, mmmmmmm!) for lunch today around 2, but I don't think I'll make it. Maybe if I eat my Cup O' Noodles now, I'll be hungry again by then. Let's hope so! I need to be able to eat as many of those delicious biscuits as possible!


4 comments:

Alicia said...

lol....i remember those days :) i could seriously eat all day when i was prego! hope you're feeling good mama!!

HeatherLynn said...

can you believe i haven't had any of those delicious biscuits in 3 years!?!? Three YEARS!?!??! there should be a law against things like that. If i ever become president, i'll make sure that never happens to anyone who loves them like, you and me!

I can't wait for you to feel your little bambino kicking ya, letting you know she/he's in there and sayin "what's up momma?"

I'll stay tuned for said things!

~hl~

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totes made the hubs take me to Red Lobster when I was preggers...except I was still in the throws of morning, noon and night sickness. He tried to tell me it was not a good idea. I of course did not listen and he was of course right. Ah ha ha. I darn sure made him get some cheesy biscuits to go however! Ah ha ha

Llama said...

Your so cute! Your also making me really hungry...but i don't have the baby craving excuse...darn!