Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Take a peek into our nursery!

Vivienne's brand new crib (thanks Mom, Nina, Rick, and Cindy) and antique dresser (that I found for $45 at a consignment shop)!

This is the rocking chair that my Gram bought my Mom when I was born. She has a matching one still in her bedroom. I'm so happy to have it in our nursery!

A close-up of Vivienne's crib bumper.

This is the dresser that still needs to be refinished. I love the shape of it and I think it will clean up really nicely, but it's ugly as sin right now.

These are all of the picture frames I painted plus some other little knick-knacks. The shoes were my first pair that my Mom had bronzed. The mushroom is a little tap lamp that will be perfect for nighttime feedings.

Coolest. Piggy Bank. Ever.

This "V" was cut from a finger painting Logan did in the room's accent colors. I haven't actually mounted it yet, so it will look better when it's finished. Right now it's just stuck in the frame.

I found this in our garage. Originally, I planned to use the frame and trash the picture until I realized that it matched the room perfectly and looked great with all the other vintage stuff.


There is still SOOOOO much to do, but I'm really happy with the progress I've made in there over the last few days. I found the dresser yesterday while helping my enormously pregnant friend Karen try to find a bookshelf for her nursery. I couldn't believe my luck! It's beautiful, the stain is right, the price was right, and I just knew it would be perfect in her room! Then I found out that the crib came in yesterday too! It was a good day. Of course, I couldn't wait to get it all set up, so I cleared out some space in the room and put it all together immediately. Now, as for all the empty picture frames, a few will end up with pictures in them and the rest will be filled with silk scarves and other pieces of fabric that belonged to my Grandmother. Our plan for the room is to include at least one item of significance to each member of our family. So far we have Logan's painting, my bronzed booties, Mom's rocker, and Gram's fabric. We're still working on representations for Kyle and his family members and my Mom's partner, Nina. We're thinking about using vintage rhinestone brooches from his Grandmother to secure the tie-backs for her curtains. Otherwise, we're at a loss. Hell, we still need to buy curtains! I'm thinking yellow. Opinions? While you're at it, what do you think of the room in general? Be honest but gentle. I'm pregnant and super sensitive!  :)

Still to do:
Refinish ugly dresser
Buy curtains
Fill picture frames
Hang frames on wall
Hang tissue pompoms over crib
Clear out remaining miscellaneous furniture
Buy crib skirt


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with all the meaning and thought that is going into putting this nursery together - what a lucky girl Miss V is to have such a loving and wonderful family!!!

Alicia said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage vibe!!! i can't wait to see it all done, its going to be amazing!! and that finger painting by logan is GENIUS!

Together We Save said...

Everything looks great! I love the V that was cut from a finger painting! What a great idea!!

Tootie said...

I love everything about the nursery. You have some wonderful ideas. :)

And thanks for your visit to my blog. Your kind remarks made my day. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

its so cute! great job!!