Friday, April 16, 2010

Goodbye Florida!

Our last real daytrip was to Silver Springs in Ocala. They have a ton of alligators, a petting zoo where you can feed a giraffe (the highlight of the day), glass bottom boats, and a few little kiddie rides. We had a great time when we went last year, but found ourselves somewhat underwhelmed this time around. Maybe it was because we'd already seen all that there was to see, I'm not sure. Regardless, I doubt we'll be going back next year, but if you've never been, it's definitely worth checking out.

Obviously we have difficulty following rules.




I will NOT "say cheese"!

We spent our last day in Florida wandering around Downtown Disney. We had a ridiculously overpriced lunch at Rainforest Cafe, spent 45 minutes waiting in line to pay for Legos that we could have bought at Walmart, and took advantage of every photo op - much to the dismay of my poor camera-shy husband.

Forcing a smile, after spending $50 on 3 cheeseburgers.

It's a shame we can't actually use this for our Christmas cards.

Heathens...except for mine, of course. He's an angel. Just look at that sweet face.

Kaden, Koby, Logan, and Khloe.

Logan's hero!

Lego-tron?

And that's it folks. In some ways the trip went by way too fast, but honestly, I was ready to come home. I have difficulty dealing with other people's children, so having my niece and nephews around was stressful for me. I'm admittedly a pretty strict mom and I expect a lot from Logan. Most importanly, I expect him to be polite and to do as he's told. He knows that there are consequences should he fail to follow our rules, but it's really hard for a 3 yr old to be good when the other children around him aren't made to behave as well. It's also really hard for a mother to not step in when her child is being bullied (both physically and emotionally) and the other parent isn't doing anything about it. Aaargh. It's a difficult situation to handle without stepping on anyone's toes and pissing off the inlaws. What I really wanted to do was dish out some spankings to the rest of the kids, because they are all in pretty desperate need of a good ass-whooping in my opinion. Needless to say, that part of my vacation was extremely frustrating, but the rest of it was fantastic!

Enjoy your weekend ladies! I'll be back on Monday with baby updates!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are great! I am glad that you had a good trip though...
I totally get what you mean about dealing with other people's kids.
I too, am really strict. That's the only way I can survive as a single momma... so when I see other kids acting like crazies - well I get a little ummmm.. crazy!! lol

Happy Weekend my friend (your family is just beautiful btw!!) So happy you're still blogging!!