Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby Bump at 21/22 Weeks

Taken mid-way between weeks 21 and 22 while on vacay.

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that she finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.


How Far Along?  22 weeks


Total Weight Gained/Loss?   5 POUNDS!!!

Maternity Clothes?  I can still wear quite a few of my non-maternity tops but maternity pants are a must. I had to buy new bras thanks to my now even more monstrously large boobies and I STILL need to get one of those extenders for the back so this underwire will stop digging into me.

Sleep?  Like a freaking baby. If she kicks at night, I don't feel it! I do dream though and it's always some sort of crazy shit. The night before last I had wild, freaky sex with Bruce Willis. Two weeks ago I dreamt that Kyle and I joined a charity walk to support legal immigration, where you started in Mexico and had to cross into the US just as if you were an illegal. You had to carry all your shit and try not to die. I swear, I couldn't make this shit up.

Best Moment of the Week?  Kyle finally saw Vivienne punch/kick. He's been feeling her for a few weeks now but he hadn't been able to see her in action until this week.

Movement?  It's constant with this one. I swear, all that crap up there about 12 hour sleep cycles does not apply to my child. She rocks and rolls all day long!

Food Cravings?  I was really wanting some baklava while we were on vacation, but then I picked up a piece at Coffee Beanery yesterday and it was terrible so I'm pretty sure it killed that craving. Otherwise, nothing in particular.
Food aversions?  None. I even had a few bites of asparagus last night. This is a huge deal for someone who doesn't eat anything green.

Morning sickness?  None at all, though brushing my teeth still makes me gag some mornings.

Gender? Pretty, pretty princess Vivienne!!!

Belly Button?  Getting shallower every day. The top part (I call it the "hood") is sticking out now and looks kind of weird.

What I miss:  Not having constant back pain, not waddling when I walk because of said back pain, and not feeling like someone hit me in the crotch with a baseball bat.

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting started on her room!

Milestones?   Baby's 1st Trip to the Beach! That counts, right?


No comments: