Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seeeeriously counting the minutes until the weekend starts.

I'm having a rough day folks. I've spent the last 2 days feeling grumpy as hell for no good reason, well, no good reason until this morning, but more about that in a minute. On top of being grumpy, I've been ravenously hungry. I'm starting to think the two are related and I'm not too happy with this development. I can't spend the next few months feeling like I'm starving to death and biting people's heads off if they so much as look at me the wrong way. Someone please tell me that this will pass. I never had mood swings like this when I was pergnant with me son. Could it be a girl thing?

Now as for this morning, without getting too into it, I'll say that I received an email that got me thinking. I've spent my day wondering why women are so mean to each other. Why aren't we more supportive and kind and encouraging to each other instead of being so vindictive and hurtful? Why do we spend so much time knocking each other down? If someone hurts our feelings, instead of talking it out and moving on, we hold onto it. We let it fester and let the hurt sink in deeper. We dwell on it. We talk behind the person's back. We make mean comments so that they will feel the hurt that they caused us. Couldn't this all just be avoided at the very beginning with a simple conversation? Something like:
"Hey, that thing you said wasn't very nice."
"Oh shit, I'm sorry, I had no idea. I totally didn't mean it the way it sounded to you, but I can see how you could have taken it the wrong way. My bad."
"It's cool."
I mean, that's how guys handle things and they fight with each other a whole lot less than women do. In this one way, why can't we just be a little more like them? Today I'm reminded of why most of my friends growing up were guys.


2 comments:

Tootie said...

Funny, but true! Females are like that for some reason. Years ago, and I mean many years ago, when I was younger, things were the same. Guys were always much easier to get along with. I think as you get older, you just get over it and say more of what you think, at the time.

As for the mood swings, my grand daughter just had that problem when she was in the first part of her pregnancy, then got over it. Now her baby is 5 months old and she tells me that the 'bitch syndrome' is back.

Like they say, it's always something! :) Hang in there, it has to get better.

Alicia said...

oh honey, sorry you had such a rough morning! i was thinking about you for some reason all day yesterday! i think its because i'm having a mental dilema i know you'd relate you...dang spermdonors! i hope you and the baby got some yummy food!! give her a little pat for me!!