Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Updates, updates, updates!

I haven't posted much lately besides bump pics, maternity clothes, and baby stats and I feel like I should apologize for my laziness. There's been a lot going on lately, both good and bad, and I've been having trouble breaking out of my own little bubble. Here's a brief rundown:
  • We leave for Florida on Friday and will spend one GLORIOUS week basking in the sun and pretending to not have a care in the world. I'm already packed.
  • Work has been a little busy so there has been less time for posting, since this is generally the only time I even log on to Blogger. Home time is for family.
  • There has been drama with Logan's dad. Those of you who are new will have no idea what I'm talking about, so to keep you in the loop, but not bore you to death with the details...my son's "father" is a total deadbeat. Even when he was "involved", it was sporadic at best. Then he disappeared for an entire year. It's been heavenly...until last week when he emailed me out of the blue. We're considering our options now and finding ourselves the VERY best family law attorney in our state. We have a proposition to make to him that involves him signing over his parental rights so that my husband can adopt Logan and in return we won't take him to court for at least 2 years of back child support and we'll even allow him to see Logan from time to time as "Rob" the family friend but not as "daddy". It would basically work similarly to an open adoption. Hoepfully he'll accept our offer. If not, we're prepared to fight him tooth and nail and we will absolutely be pushing to have his rights terminated since we have grounds to petition for it. Anyway, I might not even have to worry about it since he hasn't even read, let alone responded, to my email. Clearly this wasn't a major priority for him. If it were me, I would have been checking my email several times a day waiting for a response. So, blech. That's been constantly at the back of my mind nagging me, but I've decided not to worry about it. We'll deal.
  • I've been working on some projects for Vivienne's room and have been trying to get Hubs on board to start turning our catch-all/workout room into a nursery. The room's already painted, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I have furniture to refinish and more projects to get working on!
  • At the very front of my mind today is our Anatomy Ultrasound that I'm leaving for in about 15 minutes! I'm so excited to see our little princess again and I hope she cooperates and gives us good face. At the last ultrasound she moved to follow the scanner, so I doubt we'll have any problems. She's a ham already! I'd be lying if I said that I'm not a little concerned about the results of the scan. They'll be measuring all of her parts and her organs to make sure she's growing to their expectations and doesn't show signs of any abnormalities or defects. We were measuring a little small at our last doctor's appointment so hopefully she's caught up now and we'll be right on target. Cross your fingers for us please!
  • And finally, just for KLaw, I'll be having some Grotto's Pizza for lunch! Mmmmmm! And I plan on eating at least half of it myself. Who's the heifer now???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a mess with Logan's dad. Douchebag!

Good vibes for today!

And um, that pizza? Really? You just HAD to go there didn't you...

Llama said...

I can't stand what that man does to you and your amazing family...get him outta here! I wish you better things to come dear friend!
p.s. can you girls share that pizza?!?:)

Anonymous said...

Remember, you're selling the benefit, not the price. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] Check for corrosion in the water jacket; remove it carefully and don't let it get back into the jacket. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Zjmhrjkzs
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora store[/url] Laswceogj [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose toronto factory[/url] tuknlgrog