Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 16 in Review

How Far Along? 17 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? I only go by the doctor's scale since every other one I've been on has given me a different weight, so I'll tell you next week.

Maternity Clothes? Maternity pants. Every. Day. I can still rock pretty much all my regular tops with few exceptions.

Sleep? I dream every night. It's pretty evenly split between sexy dreams (MEOW!) and dreams about Vivienne. The baby is always female in my dreams and she always looks the same: big violet eyes (like I had), dark thick eyelashes, long-ish shiny dark brown hair, and olive skin. Perhaps there is something to that? Or maybe all my wishing and hoping and thinking and praying has infiltrated my REM cycle.

Best Moment of the Week? Deciding to give the baby my Gram's middle name. It has really helped me deal with the loss, as silly as that may sound. I think it's the best way to honor her and carry on her memory and I'm really happy about it....as long as it's a girl. If it's a boy, he just might still get Jane as a middle name! I'm just kidding...probably.

Movement? I'm going to say yes, but hesitantly. I'm pretty certain I feel her, but it's hard to tell with all the other movement in there. Between digestion (is it weird that I can feel my food digest?), stomach rumbling, and tummy rumbles/gas, there's a lot going on. I'm still not going to write it in the baby book until I feel a good, solid whack.

Food Cravings? Mexican, Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster, Nestle's Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven with a big glass of milk, chocolate milk, any milk really.

Food aversions? Meat doesn't exactly appeal to me these days. I'm pretty particular about meat anyway but it doesn't really even sound good right now. I'm ok with it IN things but I don't want a steak or chicken breast plopped on my plate. I made beef and dumplings this weekend and the whole time I was searing the beef i kept asking Kyle if it smelled ok to him. It really smelled like cow to me...like live cow in a pasture. I almost threw it all out.

Morning sickness? Gone! Thank goodness!

Gender? We find out Tuesday (tomorrow), but as you all already know, it's a girl.

Belly Button? Perfectly normal. My belly button survived a monster baby, so this little bump I have now is nothing.

What I miss: sleeping through the night without having to take a potty trip, climbing a flight of steps (or even standing up fast for that matter) without getting winded, and pimple free skin.

What I'm looking forward to: Shopping for frilly pink things tomorrow night after the ultrasound confirms what we already know to be true and working the fun scanner at Target this weekend for our baby registry.

Milestones? None this week. Week 17 will be good though! Hopefully!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun! I cant wait to hear if you have gueesed the sex!

Irene said...

I'm glad you haven't done your registry yet. I was 99.9% percent certain I was having a boy and I had already filled up my registry on myregistry.com with all things blue and then I found out I am having a girl! I'm just as happy as when I thought it was a boy but I do wish I had held off on making my registry!