Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baby Bump @ 18 Weeks

THE belly.

He gives his baby sister lots of kisses already!

18 weeks and 28 weeks

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I thought it was just my camera that hates taking pictures inside, but apparently Karen's does too. Whatever, you still get the idea. As you can see, our bellies are getting bigger, but I still feel like the puny kid in class with my tiny little bump. I got a skeptical once over from the woman behind the counter at Once Upon a Child yesterday when I bought Vivienne a few adorable summer outfits (and the cutest, tiniest little bathing suit you've ever seen). Yes, this is my 2nd child and I know they say you supposedly get bigger the 2nd time, but apparently that rule doesn't apply to me. I feel like I was WAY bigger at this stage with Logan. This is a good thing though really, because smaller belly means lower weight gain and that's our goal.


How your baby's growing:
Head to rump, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin, and her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.


4 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

you have a tiny little uterus in your uterus! I sure do love Vivienne, i mean, I LOVE the name, it's so perfect...

our little bell pepper vivienne.

Oh, I can't wait for her arrival!

even small, she's got a HUGE following in Ohio.

xoxo
~hl~

Unknown said...

Congrats!! So glad you finally found out. This is so exciting!

Ams said...

You look so freaking cute I could just squeeze you!!

Llama said...

You look A-MAZING! I love the little kissy belly picture!