Monday, March 15, 2010

Free Willy!

Usually on Mondays I try to get up my weekly belly shot and post the stats and whatnot including what size fruit/vegetable our baby is comparable to, etc. I DID take a pic on Saturday, well actually my enormously pregnant friend Karen took the pics, but her laptop is on the fritz so we won't  be getting our 18 week shots up until she gets a new power cord. I will tell you that we got an adorable shot of my little Monster kissing his baby sister (brother?), so keep an eye out for those.

In the meantime, I did something on Friday I may regret. I went bathing suit shopping...and I actually bought something...a 2-piece. Yeah. I shocked myself with that one. Hell, I haven't worn a 2-piece since my first pregnancy - I was a skinny minnie then and barely even showing. Anywho, I tried on a whole array of suits - mix and match tops and bottoms AND maternity suits - and the 2-piece I ended up with was actually the most flattering, in my opinion. So here's what I got:


The skirt is pretty awesome because it covers my entire butt (no small task), which has always been my problem area. Being a 2-piece, it leaves the middle wide open for however much expansion this baby requires and will last me all summer. So here I am now being super brave, because if I can't show myself here in front of all 14 of you, how am I going to strut my stuff in Florida in 3 weeks? Here's the pic I sent my Hubby from the dressing room at Target:


Please ignore the weird ass face I'm making. I was really focusing on getting as much of me in the shot as possible and not thinking at all about how constipated/angry I looked. So this is me, 18 weeks pregnant with baby #2, with no help from Photoshop, Taaz, or anything else. Not too bad though, right? (This is where you tell me how great I look for someone who's cooking up Baby #2, doesn't work out, and eats whatever the hell she wants. Please?) As long as my pasty pale skin next to the strips of black don't make people mistake me for an orca, I think I'll be alright.

Tonight is our BIG NIGHT! In less than 2.5 hours I'll be heading out of the office to meet up with Hubs for our big ultrasound! Afterwards we're going to go make our registries at Babies R Us and Target and buy baby her first outfit. I can't wait!!! Hopefully I'll have some good ultrasound pictures to share tomorrow!





2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

GOOD LAWD! Seriously! you are one brave chica M! I'd NEVER put a picture of me in a bathing suit online! Now i guess if i looked LIKE YOU, yeah, ok, i would THEN!

Good luck at your ultrasound! I can't wait to see your lil one! whatever she/he may be.

as for your whiteness...honey, take me to Florida with you, and my SKIN will blind everyone from even being able to see you I'm so white! :)

Me redhead, me no tan!

~hl~

RN Mama said...

You are a brave soul for buying a bikini while you're preggo, but I think you can totally pull it off! You look great!

Good luck at your u/s!