Thursday, March 18, 2010

Letter to Baby

Dear Vivienne,
We saw your precious little face on Monday. You are perfect...and nosy, but it's ok, you get that from me. Daddy and I both teared up a little when the ultrasound tech confirmed that you're a girl - though we've known that in our hearts from the very beginning. We're so excited to have a daughter! Our family is complete now because of you.

I lay perfectly still on the couch every night just to feel you move and Daddy always hovers nearby so he can try to feel too. You kicked him for the first time on Monday night. If he wasn't already on Cloud 9, he was then. You wouldn't believe how thoroughly you have him wrapped around your finger already. He literally glows whenever he touches my belly. By the way, it was really sweet of you to send him that text message yesterday. I'm pretty sure you made his day. He said he can't wait to meet you either and loves you more than you'll ever know. He means it. You're a very lucky little girl.

Logan likes to give you kisses. It's one of his new favorite things, along with telling Daddy and I that we're all best friends. Pretty soon you'll be his best friend too. He seems to be discovering his gentler side lately, something I'm sure you'll appreciate. Grandma has been reading him a book called "Sisters are for...". Maybe that is helping.

We can't wait to meet you Vivienne. The time is flying by and your birthday will be here before we know it, I'm sure. So for now, I'm just going to enjoy all your kicks and wiggles because I know I'll miss them once you're here.  Know that you are loved and adored (and spoiled).

All my love,
Mommy
aka.

No comments: