Thursday, March 18, 2010

Springing forward and draining my bank account

I haven't made a whole lot of maternity purchases yet because my belly is still pretty small, but since I have some pregnant readers, I thought I'd share with you a few of the tops that I've bought. I do have a week's supply of maternity jeans (and even a few pairs of corduroy and dress pants that I haven't even worn yet) because I carry low and needed them right away, but really, who wants to see a bunch of pictures of pants? I can tell you that all my jeans are from Old Navy, JC Penney, and Motherhood Maternity, with the exception of one pair of no-names that I bought at Ross for $11 and are among my favorites. A large number of my pre-pregnancy tops still fit so I'm just buying a few maternity tops here and there as I see something I like. This nice warm weather has me in a serious summer shopping mood, but I don't feel too bad about that considering I need summery clothes for our Florida trip in 2 weeks!


This may very well become my favorite maternity top. I love the fabric and pretty colors. The fit is perfect on me and it doesn't have a tie in the back (major bonus points for that). It will be perfect for spring/summer.


This is the top I'm wearing in my 18 Week Bump photos. I sort of have mixed feelings. It's nice and lightweight, so it will be good for spring. The problem is that it's a little tight across the shoulders and back because I have big boobs. Even unbuttoned it's tight, but fortunately the fabric has enough stretch to give a little when I move. If I were to buy it again - which I probably wouldn't - I would get it in the pretty coral fabric. I thought this lavendar would be pretty, but i think it just washes me out.


This is my new favorite tank. It looks really nice under a cropped cardigan and has more than enough room to last me the entire pregnancy. I would order more but the color options are pretty limited (Mint green and traffic cone orange? Really?)


I actually just ordered this today, but I've had my eye on it for a few weeks now. I really wanted some basic tops with side-rushing because I think that is most flattering on my pregnant figure.


Another purchase from this morning and some more side-ruching.


I could only find a picture of this in Plus Size, but you get the idea. It's SUPER lightweight and actually looks sheer on the hanger but isn't on.


I've been trying to branch out and add lots of color to my maternity wardrobe after it was pointed out by several people that I wear a lot of black. I honestly love color but I guess I revert to black assuming it will go with more stuff. It's kind of a silly theory considering I pretty much only wear jeans and anything goes with them. So I'm trying. This is a pretty good start, I think.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute! I've also had my eye on the ON cross-front jersey tank and will probably buy it next week. I think it's a really cute look for a simple tank. Which in the summer I pretty much live in tank tops, shorts, and cute summer dresses.

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Super cute! I LOVE that first one.

Just found your blog! (Belated) congrats on your pregnancy--so exciting!