Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Bump @ 34 Weeks!


My girl and I floating around on the 4th of July

Yesterday I left our 34 week appointment feeling totally defeated. I've been so great about keeping my weight gain low all this time...until this last month. Apparently I've DOUBLED my total gain since my last appointment. It's hard to believe considering that aside from the belly, I still look exactly the same. My clothes even fit exactly the same except for being tighter through the middle. I'll be damned if Kyle or I can figure out where I'm hiding the 15 or so newly acquired lbs, but the scale doesn't lie so they must be hanging around here somewhere. My husband was so sweet about the whole situation. He told me repeatedly that I look amazing and even gave in to my demand that we follow up our dinner with a 2 hour walk around the mall. We walked until my back nearly gave out and the ouchy contractions started before he convinced me that I had reached my limit and we went home. Today I'm planning out circuits I can walk through my building a few times a day when I need to stretch my legs. We have 4 floors so I can get in some good stair climbing AND all but the top floor stays nice and cool so I won't overheat like I would outside. (It's been over 100 degrees here the last few days.) I know it probably sounds silly to worry so much about my weight when the important thing is that my little princess is doing well, and that's totally true. But the thing is, I gained nearly half an extra person with my first pregnancy and I'm still carrying about 20 of those lbs. I've been pretty determined to not let that happen this time around. Our plan for the next 5 weeks is to fit in light exercise as often as possible and to really focus on fixing healthy meals and snacks. No more fast food at lunch time because I didn't have time to pack something. I'm just going to have to make time.

We haven't set our official date for the c-section yet - and probably won't until our 36 or 38 week appointment - but our doc did pencil us in for 8/9/10 while we were there yesterday (and wrote a little note in our folder). Needless to say, we're pretty excited about that. Of course, this is all assuming that Vivienne doesn't have her own plan and decide to come early, though honestly that would be totally cool with us too. I'm tired of being uncomfortable and extra hot.

A friend of mine is going to take some maternity pictures for me this weekend. Kyle begged out because he hates having his picture taken, but I think I'll still take Logan along and get some cute sibling/belly shots if he'll cooperate. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear. I spent almost two hours last night trying on outfits and staging my own little photo shoot. I've learned that sometimes things that look cute in person do not translate well in pictures, so now I always do test shots of my outfits beforehand. I have one dress picked out but I'll need some cute, bright shoes to pull it off because it's black and dark gray argyle and that's not going to work so well for summer pictures without a nice pop of color. I also ordered a pair of black smocked waist lounge pants from Destination Maternity that I think I'll wear with either a bright pink tank or a yellow tank with blue jewelry. Any thoughts?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

8-9-10!! what a great date :)

Llama said...

Hey girlie! I am so happy to see you soo happy! You look amazing! I can't wait to see Vivienne! Stay cool in the pool pretty momma! :)

Unknown said...

You look wonderful my friend!!!
And don't you worry about the weight gain at all (I know, I know, easier said than done!!) I remember that EXACT same thing happening when I was pregnant with Alyse and I was DEVASTATED!!!
*Hugs* and I can't wait to see the babbbbbbby!

StephaE said...

Have fun with your maternity photos! You are looking so amazing!!!! I have talked to my dr. about the weight gain as well. And I am freaking out about it. I have gained 13 so far, and the dr. said that I will gain at least 10-15 more. She said a lot of it is water weight though. I truly know how you are feeling with this!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site allthatisbaby.blogspot.com
Is this possible?