Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nursery Virtual Tour

Vivienne's room isn't TOTALLY done yet, but I have been super-duper productive over the past few days, so I thought I'd share some pictures. Remember, there are still some boxes and junk laying around that I haven't found a place for yet, so obviously those won't be there much longer. Otherwise, enjoy and tell me how nice it looks so I feel better about how much my back hurts.

Viviene's Crib - obviously.
I moved the poms back into the corner so I could use the wall space to hang up some more pictures.

Left: a colorized picture of my mom when she was maybe 4
Middle: the V that I cut out from one of Logan's finger paintings
Right: a picture of my Gram holding the back of her dress up behind her head to show off the full skirt

My Mom's old rocking chair in front of my pretty new curtains and refinished dresser.


My labor of love dresser. It took about 4 days, but it was soooo worth it! Look how pretty it is - even if it is still missing a handle.

Top Left: Colorized photo of my Gram at 18
Top Center: Fabric cut from one of my baby dresses
Top Right: Vivienne's 3d ultrasound picture
Center: A very small picture of my husband on his 6th birthday
Bottom Left: Me (3 yrs old) and my Gram
Bottom Right: Colorized photo of my Gram's younger brother

This is the antique dresser that I bought a few months ago. On top are Vivienne's piggy bank, a green antique vase that we found in Kyle's mommom's basement, an antique mirrored tray, my bronzed baby booties, and a beautiful antique frame that holds 2 pictures of my cousin as a baby. On the floor to the right is an antique victorian hat box where all of Vivienne's blankets are currently residing.

The striped curtain is hiding Kyle's closet. I'm going to change it out for a plain white curtain to match the others in the room. Vivienne's swing is missing the part that we need to hang the mobile so whenever that arrives, it will be ready to go. Please ignore the gift bags full of trash. Kyle finally took it all out to the curb last night so this area is a lot nicer looking now.

So that's her room...so far. There are still some little details to work out, but I at least feel like we'd be ready if she came tomorrow.

What do you think? Did we accomplish the vintage look that we were going for? Is it too much? Be honest!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute! I love the personal touches!
Im going to post photos of ours in a little bit.. I think I might need to add some photos too!!

Llama said...

You have out done yourself girl. This room is absolutely amazing. I remember when you first found out you were pregnant and when you explained what you wanted in a nursery...a GIRLS nursery of course, bc you knew right away (your adorable!). I think you totally nailed your vision. The nursery is amazing. There are so many little sentimental pieces that truly bring the room together. I love the picture frame with a piece of your dress from when you were a baby and the one where you took one of Logan's finger paintings and made it into a "V." I am in awe of everything...just beautiful...just waiting for the little girl... precious!

Alicia said...

i love it! it seriously looks adorable! i love how you added in family photos...so special :) and i'm so digging the antique dresser...i want it! good job mama!

The Undomestic Mom said...

so cute!

JPO said...

I love the photo montage!!!

SOOOO cute and a great idea

Unknown said...

Seriously, that is GORGEOUS and so so so perfect for a little girl!!!!!! I love it...