Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Swimming under the stars

It's official, my new favorite thing is a nighttime swim. I've been passing up a lot of pool trips these last few weeks because I simply can't stand all the sun and heat even once I'm in the pool, so this is the perfect solution! There's just something about floating around in a pool under the stars. It's kind of romantic....even when the shallow end is full of screeching preschoolers. Also, I look damn sexy in moonlight. The only downside is that I practically need help hauling my huge self out of the pool when it's time to go. I swear, after an hour or two of near weightlessness, once I hit dry land again, it feels like I've gained a whole extra person and not the 35 or so lbs that I've actually put on. So to all my fellow mommas, if you have access to a pool, give it a try and tell me if you're in love too. Just make sure hubby is on hand to help pull you out of the pool!

A few more post-swim pics from Sunday night:

Logan now swims underwater. And by "swim" I mean that he goes under and flails his limbs around for a few seconds before popping back up to the surface in nearly the exact same spot he went under. He does, however, perform this maneuver with his eyes open, which I think makes him a pretty advanced "swimmer" for his age.

My poor baby's eyes were still red and puffy this morning.

You really can't tell from this picture but he is about 4 shades tanner than I am. He may be fair-haired and a huge chunk of Irish, but apparently he has enough Native American blood from my side of the family to bronze instead of burn.


2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

my great grandma was full blooded indian...didn't help me ONE DANG BIT!!! *shakes fist in air*

stupid fair skin! lol

his eyes DO look so red! poor kiddo!

but that's the joys of being a boy, you have to be tough to walk around with a penis....or so i've heard! ;)

~hl~

Llama said...

Night swimming!?! How totally fun! You are too cute! Go Logan and the swimming...although his poor eyes! Its all part of the learning experience!!