Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby Bump @ 35 Weeks!

15 Weeks

25 Weeks

35 Weeks

Holy growth spurt, Batman! And I'm not just talking about my belly...look at those chunky arms! Damn. I guess that's where this past month's weight gain went. Mystery solved. Looks like I have a whole lot of push-ups in my future!


How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete. From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though she won't get much longer, she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (She's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) Her hearing is now totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches).


Apparently my baby doesn't pay attention when I read these weekly reports to her, or maybe her hearing isn't as developed as they say, because she has definitely not laid off on the somersaults. She is the moving-est, flipping-est baby ever. I swear, sometimes it feels like she's in there spinning herself around like a propeller. I get punches and kicks all around. She hasn't really settled on a position yet. Some days she's transverse, others breach. I have yet to catch a foot in the ribs so she doesn't seem to be at all interested in turning head down LIKE SHE'S SUPPOSED TO. Hopefully she'll get on board with the idea during the next few days, but even breach would be preferable to transverse for the c-section. So we'll see.


Weight gain?  34 lbs and determined to keep it under 40.

Maternity clothes?  My current focus is on picking up a few nightgowns/jammies for post-delivery. I need things that I can wear around the house that will allow me to be super comfy and give the baby easy access to the boobies, but will be conservative enough that I won't feel like I have to get dressed when we have company. I've found a few good ones and I think I'll pick up a nice comfy robe to throw on over what I have already that may not be quite so in-law friendly.

Sleep?  Humph!

Best moment this week?  Definitely my surprise shower on Saturday. My friends are AMAZING! Also, I wish I could say my maternity pictures yesterday were a really great experience, but if I'm being honest, they were exhausting. I'll be surprised if we end up with even 5 good ones. It got so hot, I'm sure I'm sweaty and bright red in almost all of them. Crossing my fingers to at least have a few that are acceptable.

Movement?  Still pretty much constant. She's a mover and shaker, that's for sure!

Food cravings?  Low fat vanilla yogurt with granola and blueberries or pineapple

Food adversions?  Nothing new here.

Labor signs?  Braxton-Hicks is my constant companion. I go through periods where I'll have contractions 10-15 mins apart for a few hours, then nothing the rest of the day. Other days I'll have 7 or 8 of them just spread out.

Belly button in or out?  Definitely out and visible through my clothes.

What I miss?   Breathing, sleeping, eating/drinking without suffering from heartburn, and doing anything physical without becoming totally exhausted and out of breath.

What I am looking forward to? Getting this baby out of me!!!

Emotions?  Mostly too tired to be anything....though Logan would probably say that Mommy has been  "Grumpy Gus" lately.

Milestones? Technically today marks my 35/35 milestone, meaning that I'm 35 weeks along and have 35 days left....except our munchkin will be coming a week early so we really only have 29 days left. Or less!


2 comments:

Llama said...

Hey girlie! You look AMAZING! You have such a gorgeous pregnancy glow! I can't wait to "meet" the pretty little girl!

Unknown said...

You know Marjorie, I am having a HARD time figuring out where the past 35 weeks have gone!? It has flown by... how did that happen? It feels like just yesterday that you announced that you were pregnant! You look gorgeous. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain a tiny bit - it will disappear when your little girl makes her arrival :)