Friday, June 18, 2010

Spiderman...Spiderman...passes out and smudges his face paint!

My mom and I took Logan to the local fairgrounds last weekend for "Kids Fest". We've been going to this event since I was in middle school - partly because the fairgrounds are 2 mins from my mom's house and partly because my oldest friend's mom is the organizer. In high school we always got rangled into volunteering to help out. Exactly what a bunch of teenagers want to do: spend a Saturday afternoon in June standing out in the heat and keeping an eye on a bunch of little brats! Lol. Now that I have my own little brat to chase around, Kids Fest is a lot more enjoyable. It's grown every year and this year they had probably 25 different inflatable slides, moon bounces, and tunnels, plus tons of arts and crafts which Logan had no interest in whatsoever, and live entertainment. We all had a great time in spite of the heat and my swollen feet and ankles. We stayed about 3 hours - though it felt like we were there all day - and Logan passed out in the car less than 5 minutes after we dropped my mom off. Here are our pics from the day...



His 1st time even SEEING a horse in person and he hopped right up there like an old pro. Made his mommy and grandmas VERY proud - we're horse people.

Logan and Grandma spinning.


I ended up having to hold his head still from behind so she could finish. He HATES having his face messed with. When we put sunscreen on him, it takes two of us, and you'd think we were torturing him.

Spiderman w/ a very crooked/wiggly face web.

On our way to the bathroom, we got picked up by a fire truck.

I think we learned our lesson about facepaint. He had it on for about 20 mins before he passed out and it ended up like this. Then as soon as we got home, he tried to rub his sleepy eyes and ended up with gray/pink smudges all over. SUCH a mess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh sweet mercy... he is SO stinkin' cute!!
That looks like an amazing day. My kids would have loved that!!!
And yes, face paint definitely makes a huge mess!!
Aw, love the pictures Marjorie!
What a handsome little man you have :)