Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Bump @ 31 Weeks!


Is it just me, or does it look bigger when it's covered up?


How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

How far along?  31 Weeks!

Weight gain?  18 lbs and holding steady.

Maternity clothes?   I just bought the cutest "swing skirt" from Old Navy. (That's it in my picture up there.) It's not maternity but the waistband is really stretchy and comfy. I just bought it in an extra large and it sits nicely around my hips without cutting into my love handles.

Sleep?  I think it's time to reinstate my lunch hour nap. I can barely make it through the day as it is and now my delicious coffee beverages taste gross to me. Ugh.

Best moment this week? Taking Logan to a Kids Fest at the state fairgrounds over the weekend and seeing old friends.

Movement?  She actually grabbed my finger...or tried to...on Thursday night. I was walking around Macy's poking a big lump right above my belly button when I felt her grab at me. It was the first time I could really tell what you were doing. I almost cried right there in the Cosmetics Dept.

Food cravings? Rita's Italian Ice - preferably strawberry and mango. Pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries....fresh fruit in general. I'm rarely hungry for real food lately, I just want fruit and drinks.

Food adversions?  Coffee/lattes have now joined the yuck list.

Labor signs? Just the occasional ouchy Braxton-Hicks contraction.

Belly button in or out? I can definitely see it poking through my shirt today.

What I miss? Taking a deep breath. Buying things in a size that isn't preceeded by an X.

What I am looking forward to?  My work shower on Thursday and my big shower on Saturday! Yay! Also, our 3d ultrasound on the 22nd!

Emotions? Still grouchy.

Milestones?  Nothing major that I can think of...


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I definitely feel ya on the clothes and the food. I about died when I had to buy an XL tank top the other day to fit over my bump and lately my appetite has been pretty much gone. The only thing I've really been wanting is tons of fruit and salad.

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous lady! I know that I say that every time but I mean it :) And I love that skirt... I want one actually! Too bad I live 16 hours away from an old navy :(

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Happy 31 weeks! Super cute bump! I love that skirt, I'll have to stop by Old Navy and try it on!