Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pretty in Pink and Oh-So-Sweet Baby Shower

I'm going to share my pics from the shower, but just be warned, there are probably a ton more to come. I mostly just took pics of the food and decorations, so I'll have to go through my sister's pictures to see if she got any good people shots. So let's just focus on the food and crafts for now, shall we?

The candy buffet! Mmmmm! I printed out those cute little labels and tied them on with pink and red ribbons and also added ribbons to the ends of the tongs just to make them a little cuter.

Strawberry filled cupcakes AND strawberry pies.

Baby carriage watermelon (made by an amazing family friend) and super fancy fruit tray. I think I ate about 6 slices of that pineapple!

This is the "food" table....obviously we were more focused on the sweets.

Dessert table with cupcakes, pies, candy buffet, and a chocolate fountain. The bunting hanging on the wall was super easy to make.  I just cut scrapbook paper into triangles, folded over the top to make a pocket  and then taped it closed over the ribbon. The whole project took about 2 hours.

Gift table + drink station. The strawberry lemonade was a HUGE hit! I suspect I'll be making that again at home a lot this summer.

One last close up of the candy buffet because I'm so pleased with how it turned out. We had wax soda bottles, salt water taffy, spice jelly beans, rock candy, candy buttons, caramels, and swirly lollipops.

Our centerpieces were really simple but cute. I taped lengths of red and pink ribbons around these vases then sprinkled metallic glitter and gumdrops on the tables.

Admiring the fruits of my labor.
PS. Overhead lighting is REALLY unflattering.  :(

2 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

whoa, i think i got a cavity just looking at all those sweet treats! ;)

Hope you had a great shower and got lots of loot to pamper little bambino with!

xoxo
~hl~

Llama said...

How fun! A lot of people must love you! You deserve it al girl!