Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Bump @ 29 Weeks!

Vivienne's 1st trip to Ocean City, MD!

How your baby's growing:
Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

How Far Along? 29 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss?  I think about 15 lbs according to the scale at my family doctor on Thursday.

Maternity Clothes?  I really need to find some cute below-the-belly capris. Not having much luck so far.

Sleep?  Non-existent. Even IF I can manage to find a comfortable sleeping position, I can't seem to get my temperature regulated.

Best Moment of the Week?  Our ultrasound. It's always wonderful to see our princess! The ultrasound tech kept telling us how beautiful she is and that she had the most perfect, pouty little lips. I'll get pics up soon hopefully.

Movement?  More nudging, prodding, and wiggles now rather than the kicks and punches to which I had grown accustomed. I guess she's getting too big for anything more than a wiggle.

Food Cravings? Pistachios, fresh local strawberries, and my mother-in-law's peach dessert that I made this weekend (Hubs even liked mine better!)

Food aversions?  Beef still smells like cow. Not food.

Gender?  Lady

Belly Button:  Still not fully out.

What I miss:  Not feeling like there is a bowling ball sitting on my chest. I think I'll enjoy taking a full breath almost as much as I'll enjoy finally meeting her.

What I'm looking forward to:  My baby shower on the 19th, hopefully a maternity photo sesh on the beach in June or July, lazy Sundays floating around my inlaws' pool, and finally getting the nursery finished!

Milestones?  None that I can think of.

No comments: