Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vivienne's 1st Week

I can't believe it's already been a week! It's been a whirlwind of a week too, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by how quickly it's flown by. V had her 1st doctor's appointment (where they pronounced her "perfect"), saw her 1st movie (she joined Team Jasper with Mommy - we could do without Edward and Jacob), and we've had a TON of visitors! I hope time slows down a little over the next 11 weeks, because I am in no hurry to get back to work and be away from my babies!

Last night my angel darling princess girl only woke up ONCE! She went down for the night at 10 after her bath, was up from 3-4am for some boobies and snuggle time with mommy, was back out until around 7, had another booby, then out again until 10:30. Our girl is a sleeper! Let's hope this keeps up!

The only problem we've had - if you can even call it a problem - is that she's so tiny even her newborn clothing is too big! She has probably 6 outfits that actually fit and don't fall off her shoulders or down below her butt. I had the opposite problem with Logan so I definitely wasn't prepared for this. If anything, I thought she'd outgrow the newborn clothing before she even had a chance to wear all of it, now I'm afraid that it will be cold out before she even grows into all the cute summery 0-3 mos stuff we bought her. We're taking her out for her newborn pictures on Tuesday and I think we'll stop by my favorite kids' consignment shop to try to find her some more tiny stuff to hold us over until she puts on a little more weight. I'm so grateful that this is the biggest problem we have. We're so blessed!

Logan is a very affectionate big brother. I think he kisses her more than we do, which is really hard to top. Sometimes when he gets really excited, he gets a little rough, so we do have to keep a close eye on him. But he's calmed down a lot over the last few days so we don't have to tell him to back off quite so much.

All in all, things are going really well. We're starting to settle into a little routine now and everyone is getting adjusted to our new addition.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is so stinkin' cute!! And what a proud big brother? I am just over the moon for you guys!!
I can't wait to see more pics and hear all about the little monkey! And I really hope she keeps up the good sleeping habits :)

Jennifer said...

She is so beautiful! It seems like V & my little guy are similar right now. He's been such a good sleeper the past two nights and I was also surprised that he wasn't bursting out of his newborn clothes. We actually had to go out and buy some more as well. Congratulations again! She's really precious.

HeatherLynn said...

Oh, little V's so adorable! what an angel!

I want to hold her from 100's of miles away!!! Dang it!

You enjoy your time with your little one....and I look forward to hearing more and more about her as the weeks progress...

xoxo
~hl~

StephaE said...

Awwwwwww congratulations! She's adorable!

Llama said...

Congrats! I am sooo happy her first week went well. You and your family are amazing and she is so lucky to have such a happy home!