Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby Bump @ 38 Weeks

My very LAST bump picture!!!

How your baby's growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long. The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


How far along?  38 Weeks - only 3 more days until she's in my arms!

Weight gain?  I only gained one lb last week. That was really good news.

Maternity clothes?  I have a growing collection of super comfy (non-maternity) jammies to wear during our first few weeks home while I'm still recovering. It will be a nice little break from maternity clothes, though I know I'll have to keep them around for probably a few more months.

Sleep?  Hardly! I'm way too excited. And nervous. And excited. I feel like we're going to Disney World on Friday or something. This is way better....and scarier....than Christmas!

Best moment this week? It was actually kind of a rough week. I'd say the highlight was probably buying a functioning vacuum Sunday so I can get rid of the TWO we have at home that don't work. Pretty sad highlight, right? Hopefully these last few days of pregnancy will go better.

Movement? Feeling movement a lot lower these days. My cervix is getting a lot of action which is pretty unpleasant. Hopefully this means we'll be getting this show on the road sometime soon!

Food cravings?  Gatorade. I currently have over a dozen 32oz jugs in my fridge because every time I go to the grocery store I give into the 10/$10 deal and buy more.

Labor signs?  I'd like to say yes, but it could just be wishful thinking. I had a contraction around 4am that was enough to wake me up, but they aren't all like that. Sometimes it feels like she's flipped head down now, but I can't be sure anymore. All her parts are starting to feel the same to me. There is definitely a lot more action in my lower region now, so that seems promising. I wake up every morning and tell Kyle "Maybe today!"

Belly button in or out?  This turkey is DONE!

What I miss?  Bras with underwire. I don't actually miss wearing them, I just miss how much better my boobs looked in them.

What I am looking forward to?  I can't wait to see the look on my husband's face when he lays eyes on his daughter for the 1st time. I'm hoping I have a camera handy to catch all the emotion. And, of course, touching her, staring at her for hours on end, kissing her....just finally having an outside baby!

Emotions?  Excited, nervous, generally freaking out in every possible way.

Milestones:  She's coming for sure this week! I think that definitely counts as a milestone! This weekend I cleaned out my car, installed her carseat, and washed, folded, and put away all her laundry. Our hospital bag is packed and we are basically ready whenever she is!



This weekend we attended the wedding of the 3rd couple in our happy little triad. Kyle has been friends with Tony and Dave since elementary school. Dave met his wife, Karen, on Match.com and they are the ones who signed Kyle up. We actually got married just 3 months after they did. Then Karen signed Tony up for Match too and he eventually met Diana. Now all the boys are becoming daddies at the same time. For a few weeks, we were even all pregnant together. Karen was 10 weeks ahead of me (you've all met Baby Jackson) and Diana is about 13 weeks behind me. It's pretty crazy how it has all worked out. Anyway, here are a few more pictures from the wedding:



I absolutely LOVE that the bride's daughter is covering her eyes. She also yelled "Ewwww!"

The happy family!

Dave, Karen, and Jackson

2 comments:

Alicia said...

awww! i love all of the pictures! all the little families look so happy!! and you look radiant as always! i'm SO SO SO excited only a few more days!! will you send me your addy so i can send a little something for baby v? :)

The Undomestic Mom said...

such cute pics!!