Monday, August 23, 2010

2 weeks....already?

We've had another busy week! Lots of visitors, a few doctor's appointments, and more naps than I can count. Vivienne is still an angel....but an angel who now has her days and nights confused. Honestly, it would be fine with me except that Kyle is back to work now and I can't exactly sleep all day and leave my 3 yr old unattended. So far he's been good about entertaining himself for an hour or two so I can sleep in a little. He gets into the pantry and finds himself some "breakfast" - usually pretzels or peanuts - then turns on his cartoons and plays quietly until I get up. I always feel awful when I roll out of bed around 9 and wonder how long he's been up, but I know if he needed something, he'd come get me. He's not one to suffer in silence.

Vivienne still hasn't grown into most of her newborn clothing and I have to tie a little knot in her headbands to make them small enough for her. She's a tiny little thing. Speaking of headbands, I ordered her a set of 41 - every different color you can imagine - so she'll have a headband to match any outfit! I can't wait for them to come in!!!

I don't really have much else to report. Things are going pretty well. My brain just isn't totally with it. Probably due to lack of sleep the last few days. So here are some new pictures from her 2nd week of life...


This is what we do most of the day.


Please pardon my husband's nudity in every picture - he's against shirt-wearing at home.

I play dress up and stage photo shoots while she takes her afternoon naps.

skinny little arms and legs



This is me 2 weeks after delivery. Definitely not back to my pre-baby self yet, but I wanted to share this so the 1st time mothers-to-be can see that normal people don't walk out of the hospital in their pre-baby size nothing jeans like Heidi Klum. I bought a pair of regular jeans this weekend and had to go up a size bigger than before, but that's still not too bad for only 2 weeks post-partum. I refuse to let myself feel bad about it. My body just grew an entire little person and now it's working hard to feed that person, so I'm focusing on being grateful for that instead of worrying about how jiggly my tummy is right now.

As a side note, look how TINY Vivienne is compared to my boobs! When you see pictures of her by herself, it's hard to tell just how small she is, but wow. I always laugh when I nurse her because my boob is at least 3 times bigger than her little head! She's not intimidated though, she's tears into those things like a vicious little shark!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your so right.. Im totally wondering how long it will take to get back to pre prego weight! I know it will take a while..
You look great!!

Unknown said...

I want to SQUISH HER!!!!!
She is so stinkin' cute - seriously, it's ridiculous.
And you look GREAT lady... seriously, beautiful!!! That's too funny about the boobs... they ARE huge!! lol

Sarah said...

Just wanted to introduce myself...I came across your blog a little bit ago...we were due around the same time...my little guy is 2 weeks as well ;-) It's crazy how fast the time is going!!!
Your little Vivienne is absolutely adorable so tiny and precious!!!
Congratulations!!!

Alicia said...

she is a DOLL!! oh my goodness!! and you look amazing! your little family is just beyond adorable!! i sent the package today! hope you like it!!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog... BEAUTIFUL! and congratulations! I'm expecting a little girl, too, in November. Love the headbands :) :) so cute!!

Llama said...

You look so so amazing Marjorie. You are right, most people dont give birth and step out onto the runway. My bff said 9 months on, 9 months off. That sounds about right. You look so healthy and happy and baby Vivienne too!:)