Friday, May 14, 2010

Bummer.

I'm going to be honest, the last few days have been a bit of a disappointment. First, when I went back to Marshall's to buy my precious bag, it was gone. Gone! I could have cried. I decided to check out TJ Maxx yesterday because they usually have the same stock, but no luck. Instead, I picked up a different bag from the same collection, but I just don't have the same love for it. It's cute but it's not "the one". After some searching, I found my beautiful striped bag on JSimp's website for $65, so I'm thinking about listing this bag on Ebay to see if I can't offload it and order the one I really want. Here's what I ended up with:


I know it's a really small picture, so you might not be able to tell that it has little white and blue anchors all over it. It's adorable, don't get me wrong, but I had my heart set on the stripes. Wish me luck selling it!

Last night my pretty Ebay dress arrived. It's beautiful in person...but small. So very small. I've bought a lot of maternity clothing lately from all different brands and designers and I wear a consistent medium. In fact, a lot of maternity mediums have been a little big - for now - so I thought I was safe. Unfortunately, this dress is so tight around the hips that I'm nervous to wear it to the wedding for fear of ripping it wide open out on the dance floor. It looks ok when I adjust it and stand perfectly still but as soon as I move it bunches up right above my butt and looks terrible from behind. I hate to say it, but it looks like I'm going to have to create 2 ebay listings today.

And finally, I found out this week that several of my closest friends are going to be unable to make it to my baby shower in June. I'm still excited about the shower and feel blessed to have so many people who want to help me celebrate our little princess, but it kinda sucks that only a few of my friends will be there. Pretty much all of the attendees will be my mom or MIL's friends and Kyle's family members. I know everyone is busy this time of year and I certainly don't hold it against them that they have prior commitments, it's just disappointing. I thought about changing the date, but it's kind of late now and I'm sure that would just create a different group of people who would be unable to make it, so it really wouldn't fix anything. I know it's really a silly little thing and I'm honestly not letting it get me upset, it's just the combination of all these tiny disappointments over the last few days that have me in a bit of a funk today. Oh, and it's raining. Seriously?!? It is NOT supposed to rain on Fridays. Blah.

No comments: