Friday, May 7, 2010

...because there had never been anyone like you...

In preparation for Vivienne's arrival, I've been sorting through all Logan's baby stuff and deciding what should stay and what should go. Last night I went through all the books on his shelf to pick out some special ones for V. There were a few that I bought while pregnant with Logan that I was never able to get more than halfway through without bursting into tears. In fact, that became my way of picking books for him. If something made me burst into tears right in the middle of the store, it came home with me. At the time, I thought the sobbing was just a hormonal thing, unfortunately I still can't get through those books without getting teary. My husband thinks I'm silly and even Logan giggles at me now when I try to read to him. I thought I'd share with you some of my very favorite books in case some of you could use a good cry as well.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."


"Because there had never been anyone like you...ever in the world."


"When we found out you were growing inside me, we were so happy! Even the angels were celebrating for us!
 

And because I'm now sitting at my desk with tears running down my face - and it's really hard to answer the phone when you're trying to hold back sobs - here's one of our very favorite silly books...

"I love you, my wonderful child."

All of these books can be found at your local bookstores, Target, Walmart, etc...or on Amazon, and would make a great gift for any mothers or moms-to-be in your life.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

God Gave Us You is a definite tear jerker.

Alicia said...

ok i have 2 of the 4....pretty sure i'm gong to have to run out and get the other 2! i'm such a sucker for loving kids books!! hope you had an amazing mother's day mama!! ps- i suck at emailing back...how's things? keep me posted!! as far as my dilemma goes i'm still up in the air, but for now, leaving things as they are! xoxo