Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby Swag

Even though I really don't need one, I've been on the search for a cute diaper bag. Granted, I have probably 4 diaper bags sitting in a closet somewhere, but I still want a new one. We'll just call it a girl thing. Besides, while I loved my old bag, it's a heavy wintery fabric and color and I want something summery this time around. Fortunately, while we were out shopping over the weekend, I spotted this Jessica Simpson weekender tote that I think will be PERFECT!


I found it at Marshall's for $28 but was back and forth on buying it, so I passed. I was afraid it might be too big, but with 2 kids, I don't think there is such a thing. I ran a quick ebay search and found that people are selling this same bag for $80 and up, so now I'm even more determined to make this beauty mine! I figure I can pull a changing pad out of one of my rejected diaper bags and then this one will be perfect. I'm heading back to Marshall's this evening to pick it up! Cross your fingers for me that it's still there!

Also tonight, a friend of mine is picking up a Bumbo seat for me that she found at a local kid's consignment shop. It's exactly the color I wanted and even comes with the tray! In the stores, the seat plus tray runs around $50. My friend says she thinks they are asking around $20 at the consignment shop and that the seat looks brand new. I can't wait to get my hands on it! I just love seeing how everything is coming together!


We realized yesterday that we're now only 3 months or less from meeting our daughter! It sounds like a decent amount of time until I think about how quickly the last 6 months have gone. We still have quite a bit left to do, but as we check little projects off our list, I'm feeling less overwhelmed all the time. I just can't wait to see her precious face and hold her in my arms!

Pictures from Google Images

4 comments:

RN Mama said...

That bags look fabulous, I hope you're still able to get it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That bag is just adorable! I think it would make a great diaper bag!

Alicia said...

i LOVE that bag!! i bet it would make an awesome diaper bag!! i hope you were able to snag one!

sanjeet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.