Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WWTK Q&A - Holiday Style!

Photobucket



1. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving and Christmas are a close tie, but I think Christmas wins by a nose. I love the snow, the music, the tree, and just the spirit of the season. It's lovely. Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the entire year which makes it a very close second.


2. Do you have any fun holiday traditions? What are they?
We always spend Christmas Eve with my parents. First we read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible, then we each get to open one present. I'm all for starting new traditions though! I've been trying to buy the kids a new ornament for the tree each year. So far none of my traditions are very exciting.


3. When do you start Christmas shopping?
January? There's no set time, we just buy stuff as we find it on sale and stuff it in the closet or attic. That way the kids get a bunch of cool stuff and we've spread the expense out over the course of the year.


4. What is your favorite holiday food?
Stuffing! I freaking love stuffing!


5. Share a favorite childhood holiday memory.

My mind is totally blanking on this, soooo last year was my favorite Christmas so far. Viv was just a few months old, but old enough to appreciate her presents. Logan had asked for 3 specific toys (from 3 different Santas) and he got SOOOO excited when he opened them. Kyle bought me the camera I wanted but then packaged it up like russian dolls complete with a brick tossed in to make it heavier and throw me off. It was just a great Christmas and I loved experiencing it with my little family. I'm sure this year will be even better!


6. Have you ever actually tried fruitcake??

No. I'm afraid.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww your Christmas sounds fabulous.

I'm afraid of fruitcake too and I am pretty sure they are up there with creepy clowns and puppets that come alive and hack you up type of evil.

Alicia said...

lol freaking stufffing!! you HAVE to have stuffing!! i bet this year will be even better. its so much fun as the kids get older! i'm so with you on the shopping...i'm a total sale shopper. i don't think i've spent more than ten bucks on a gift so far! btw. the kids are getting BIG! so cute!!!!


ps- I'm givin' love for mamarazzi today too, she's out of town but says hi to everyone! :)