Thursday, September 15, 2011

IF

I saw this post over at K. Law Inspired and then read her inspiration post from Life After I "Dew" and felt like joining the party. I've stolen all of their prompts because my brain is barely functional this week.


• If I were to get pregnant again, it would hopefully not be for at least another year, maybe two. We'd like Vivienne and the next baby to be closer in age than our first two but the fewer years we spend paying daycare for two, the better! We're really hoping for another little princess and have already decided on the name Gemma.

• If I had to eat one type of food every day for the rest of my life, it would be home-style, does that count as a type of food? If not, then I say Italian, but really I'd rather have pot roast and mashed potatoes or fried chicken.

• If I could have any job in the world I'd be a stay-at-home mom. Maybe. Or I might want to do something more creative. My problem is that I still really don't know what I want to do with my life which is why I haven't gone back to school yet. I'm really not sure if I'll ever figure that out. It's something that keeps me up at night.

• If I had a day to myself I'd go get a massage, see a movie (if Crazy, Stupid Love is still playing), and then do a little just-for-me shopping. That's actually what I had planned for last weekend but it all fell through. I'm still hoping to make it happen next weekend since this weekend is already booked.

• If I could get married all over again I'd try to step back and take it all in a little more. Planning and hosting your own wedding is really stressful and it's too easy to get caught up in making sure everything is perfect. That's what happened to me and  I feel like I missed out on a lot while I was busy organizing everything. I wouldn't change any of the details of our wedding, but I would probably ask people to help out more so I could just relax and enjoy the day.

• If I could live anywhere in the US I'd probably chose somewhere around the Carolinas. Kyle and I talk about this all the time. We want to stay on the east coast, preferably in or near a beach town. Far enough south that it's at least warm-ish year round but not so far south that we fry in the summer. I told him I just want to go far enough south that we can have a palm (or 10) in our yard.

• If Logan had been a girl, his name would have been Leila/Layla - I hadn't decided on which spelling. If Vivienne were a boy her name would have been Tristan if my husband had his way or Dominic if I'd had mine.

• If I could have any talent in the world I would like to be able to dance, sing, or play the guitar. Or really I'd take any combination of the three.

• If money were not an object I'd be one of those stay at home moms who has a housekeeper and maybe an occasional nanny so I could still do things by myself every now and then. Also, I would need a hairdresser because I suck at doing my hair. If it would be possible to find a housekeeper who loves kids and went to beauty school, that would be ideal.

• If I could meet one celebrity I think I would want to meet Angelina Jolie. Don't hate me. I can't help it, I just love her. She's beautiful and elegant, but I love that she has a shady weirdo past. I just kind of think she's amazing in every way and I think our kids would get along great. As babies, Logan and Shiloh were practically twins and since she likes to dress up as a boy and he likes to dress up as a girl, they could just trade clothes and be besties. Oh, and we both have Viviennes so we obviously both have amazing taste.

• If I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life it'd be Target. They have literally everything and I actually love all of their stuff. Besides, we already do practically all of our shopping there, so it wouldn't really be any different from what we do now.

• If we got a dog I would love to have another pitbull, but no way would hubs allow that, so I'd take a pit/chihuahua mix. Don't laugh, it's a really thing! It's called a pithuahua and it's pretty much the cutest thing on 4 tiny legs. Also, they're so teensy that he wouldn't be able to argue that it might eat our children.


• If my husband had his way we'd own a great dane. Ain't happenin' hunny! Our house is way too small! I think he just envisions buying a tiny saddle and letting the kids ride the dog around the house.

• If I could go on a trip, RIGHT NOW, I'd  go anywhere tropical as long as there were no kids, no phones, and no scheuled and I could just lay in a hammock with a fruity drink. I want to just be able to do whatever I want to do when I feel like doing it, or just do nothing if that's my preference.

• If I had to chose between a house cleaner and a personal chef, I'd pick the house cleaner, hands down. I don't mind cooking but I sure as hell hate to clean!

• If I had the option of plastic surgery I'd get a boob lift. I think mine are a great size but they've gotten saggy after two babies. I just want them lifted up. I tell Kyle all the time that it's like dumping the contents of a half-full freezer-size ziploc bag into a sandwich bag. Same stuff, smaller bag. Perfect.


In writing this I was surprised by how often my answer was the same as Shannon's and/or Kristen's. Isn't it weird when you find that you have so many similarities to people you've never even met? That's what I love most about blogging. I might not have much in common with a lot of my IRL bffs (most of them are unmarried and childless) but there is a whole community of women at my fingertips if I need advice or a laugh or just a bitch-fest and I know that they'll get where I'm coming from. I took a really long hiatus from blogging after Viv was boern but it's honestly really nice to be back! I've missed you all!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved reading your answers! And its true... its funny how much we all have in common with each other.