Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby Bump @ 28 Weeks

Am I starting to look tired yet? I definitely feel it.


How Far Along?  28 Weeks 4 Days

Total Weight Gained/Loss?  I'm probably hovering around 20 lbs. I was up 13 at my last appointment and I go back on Tuesday. I'm not thrilled about the thought that I've probably gained about 7lbs this month, so I'm going to have to work to make sure this doesn't become a trend. Still, aside from my ridiculously fat knees (seriously, who ONLY gains weight around their knees?????), I'm all belly.

Maternity Clothes?  Still pretty much the same: maternity pants and mixed maternity and non-maternity dresses and tops.

Sleep?  Not really happening these days.

Movement?  Non-stop. I call him Thumper. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. He gets the hiccups several times a day and he lays down so low that it feels like my crotch is pulsating. Weird.

Food Cravings?  Pretty much anything I shouldn't be eating right now: baked goods, ice cream, chocolate, etc. I suppose that would explain my 7lb gain in the last month.

Food Aversions?  Nothing that I can think of.

Belly Button? It's definitely out.

Best Moment of the Week?  I finally went to a chiropractor about my sciatic pain. I was really nervous because I've never been to a chiropractor before and was afraid I'd fart when he pushed on me (for the record, I did not, not this time anyway). He told me the right side of my pelvis is tilted and that's causing it to rub on the sciatic nerve. Awesome. So, I'm crooked. I see him again next week, and then once every other week after that. Hopefully this will help.

What I miss:  Not being uncomfortable. Beer.

What I'm looking forward to:  First, I finally scheduled our 3d/4d ultrasound! As of next Thursday we'll know if we're having another mini Kyle or if I actually contributed something to this one. :)  Also, Vivienne's birthday party is on Saturday! One of my best friends is coming to town for the party and is going to stay with us and help me work on the nursery. I THINK we have our paint picked out and I'm excited to get this ball rolling! We're also minivan shopping and I've found a very promising prospect. Unfortunately, it's about 2 hours away and our schedules are pretty booked for the next week or so. I hope it doesn't sell fast!

Milestones? Hopefully in two weeks I'll be able to say that the nursery is ready, but I don't really have anything to check off the list as of right now.


This is the basic design plan that I put together for the nursery. We LOVE color in our house so I went super saturated and fun. I think the bold colors and black and white patterns will be visually stimulating for the kids AND will make it a space that we all really enjoy being in.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You look great as always. I love the nickname Thumper :). I can't wait to see your 4D pictures and the nursery!