Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Logans 4th Birthday

So I'm back. I think. Again, I want to apologize for abandoning my poor blog for so long. To be honest, I guess I didn't realize just how busy I'd be as a working mom of 2. Here's my average day:

Alarm goes off at 5am - time to nurse the baby.
Alarm goes off at 6am - time to get up.
Wake up Logan, get him dressed/ready, and get myself dressed/ready.
Get Viv out of bed and usher everyone downstairs.
Toss the kids and bags into car and try to be pulling out of the driveway before 7am.
Hour long commute to work with a quick stop to drop off the kids at daycare.
Work. 8-4:30.
Half hour drive to Mom's to pick up the kids.
Usually spend about an hour at Mom's chatting and nursing Viv.
Toss the kids and bags into car - again - and head home.
Another half hour drive.
Kyle usually has dinner ready when I get home = time to eat.
Unpack/re-pack bags: wash breast pump parts for next day, fill bottles, pack milk for daycare, pack lunch.
Make Viv's cereal and feed her while Daddy gets Logan ready for bed.
Shower time for Mommy and Viv.
Lay out everyone's clothes for next day.
Crawl into bed and let Viv nurse herself into a little milk coma.
Veeeeery carefully, transfer sleeping baby to her crib.
Sleeeeeeep.
Repeat.

It's a long ass day. So anyway, I have about 7 blogs in my queue right now so I'm going to try to get caught up on all the happenings from December and January. We've been busy little bees so I have a TON of pictures to share! Logan's pirate party was in the beginning of December so we'll start there because it was awesome. There were tattoos, a pinata, cupcakes, and enough goldfish crackers to fill up a swimming pool. He was a VERY happy little birthday boy!

Piratey cupcakes

Viv's ready to party!

Arrrrrghhhh!

I put together little treasure boxes for the kids with eyepatches, necklaces, pirate rubber duckies, tattoos, chocolate gold coins, and skull and crossbone lollipops. They were a big hit!
I drew a treasure map on a white plastic tablecloth.

It was WAY too cold outside so we rigged the pinata to hang from our living room ceiling.

It seemed like a good idea until they finally busted it open and I was reminded that I filled it with glitter.

Happy 4th to my handsome boy!


Daddy paid no attention to our navy and white color scheme.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful little family you have Marj!
And happy birthday to the little man :)
I think I would have had a heart attack if the pinata exploded on my floor like that!! The things we do for our kids right?!
I can't believe how big Viv is getting too!!! Just crazy!!! She's gorgeous.
AND don't feel badly for not getting to the blog. It sounds like your day is just insanity. That's the trouble living in the city - such a crazy commute. You're one busy momma!! Blog when you can my friend!

Jennifer said...

Your schedule sounds exhausting! At least you can blog, grrr, apparently blogger is having a problem with blogs disappearing, so I'm waiting for them to hopefully fix mine. I'm quite panicked!

What an awesome birthday party... and I'm now craving cupcakes :).

Llama said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I loove the pirate them!!
That last picture is super cute... i love that look that Baby V is giving you! AWWWW!